Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Workset 11: 7 remapped glyphs.
- Fixed inconsistent 勻 component in 均.
- Workset 9: 140 remapped glyphs.
- Workset 10: 110 remapped and 8 modified glyphs.
- Modified subset inclusion logic. Previously, all modified or remapped characters will be included in the subset, as the original scope of work is to only modify characters that are not rarely used. Now most of the characters in Big5 and HKSCS have been reviewed, so it is no longer appropriate to include all modified/remapped characters by default.
- Removed special mappings of 兌 and 𥁕 components. This is a difficult decision, but unfortunately this has caused more trouble than I had expected in practice.
- New workset 8: reviewed and modified more codepoints.
- Fixed some inconsistency glyphs.
This version is outdated - please download version v1.008a.
- Remapped/redesigned characters to use the "hooked" form of the 七, 乜, 巽(巳) components:
- 七 related: 七吒柒𠮟皂𨳍
- 乜 related: 乜也乸他拖吔哋地她弛施池牠祂釶馳
- 巽(巳) related: 僎巽撰潠簨蟤譔選鐉饌
- Remapped characters so that the first stroke of 壬 component is a slash (丿):
- 壬 related: 任凭壬姙恁栠賃飪鵀
- Updated mappings of 腼 and 膦 to use the font's preferred form (月 instead of ⺼)
- Use HK standard form for 蘸 and 馥
This special version contains a single fix: I forgot to remap "妊" to the "⿰女𡈼" form in version 1.008. Note that the font version is not incremented, i.e. it still reports v1.008.
- 27 more characters are remapped.
- Fixed mapping of 聰 and 荊.
- Reviewed and Removed ~370 characters from the subsetted version, and added some more characters deemed useful to it.
- Fixed webfont demo page works no more since last update. The page is also updated to show all included characters.
- Fixed bug for glyph 婦 in Regular weight.
- This release now provides two subsetted TTF versions: One with Latin characters, and one without. The latter one is useful if you want to use the operating system's default font (e.g. Roboto in Android) to display Latin characters when embedding in a mobile app.
- Note that the subsetted fonts are renamed to "CYanHei TCHK".
- Fixed upstream bug 袱 (U+88B1).
- Fixed glyph 簪 (U+7C2A).
- Tuned HKSCS glyphs with "既" components.
- Tuned glyphs with "之" components.
- Added subsetted TTF version (for mobile app embedding).
- Removed some entries from the PALT table to prevent proportional width behavior, as some glyphs (like ，。？！) are expected to be in full width in Chinese.
- More HK codepoint coverage, reflected in Workset 4. 335 more characters have been processed.
- 86 more characters have been added to the webfont build.
- Glyph of proportional (half-width) digit “1” modified, with bottom horizontal line removed.
- Glyph of proportional (half-width) letter “g” modified to single-storey form.
- Fixed 迓 (U+8FD3) incorrectly mapped to JP glyph. Instead, it should be modified.
(Added May 19)
- Webfont build available for download