Convert a Wordpress XML export into pages suitable for a jekyll site
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
Or install it yourself as:
$ gem install wp_conversion
$ wp_conversion WPExport.xml
This will create 3 directories:
that will contain markdown files reflecting the items in the wordpress
export. The posts and pages will be converted such that a site can be
generated via jekyll.
- Posts have the YYYY-MM-DD-title.markdown format.
- Pages just have title.markdown.
- Files will have the appropriate YAML header for jekyll processing.
- Attachments will be YAML files with the link to the attachment.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request