Glassfish CDI/OSGi Integration
Glassfish CDI/OSGi Integration is in progress and currently, glassfish is reviewing my patch， and I believe that on 2013, some important features will be added into glassfish.
Note: the repo's sources has been too old, and I will spend some time to update them, and please waiting....
This is the contribution of Glassfish fighterfish/moudle/osgi-cdi project. Its licensed under CDDL+GPL Licenses by Oracle Glassfish community.
Design Documentation (Doing)
You'll need a machine with JDK 6 1.22 above + and Apache Maven 3 installed.
build glassfish trunk using https://wikis.oracle.com/display/GlassFish/FullBuildInstructions override souce files under main and fighterfish directories/subdirectories using revised/added source files. cd main and fighterfish directories/subdirectories mvn -DskipTests=true clean install
- samples/[RFP146]CDI002 : simple use of @Publish
- samples/[RFP146]CDI014 : combine @Publish with @Property
- samples/[RFP146]CDI018 : simple use of Service
- samples/[RFP146]CDI004 : combine Service with @ServiceFilter
- samples/[RFP146]CDI021 : CDI/OSGi Event Integration
New Implemented Features
- [GLASSFISH-18938] - OSGi service automatic publishing with @Publish-liking annotation
- [GLASSFISH-18972] - making @Publish to support filter properties
- [GLASSFISH-16805] - support @Inject @OSGiService Instance
- [GLASSFISH-18978] - select OSGi services used in CDI beans based on OSGi filters
- [GLASSFISH-18370] - OSGi Services injected with CDI have their exceptions wrapped..
- [GLASSFISH-17155] - CDI Events don't work when fired by a OSGi ServiceListener.
To Do List (By Priority)
- [High][GLASSFISH-15265] - Allow callbacks on service lifecycle events in @OSGiService.
- [High][GLASSFISH-15365] - CDI + OSGi event admin.
- [High][GLASSFISH-15364] - CDI + OSGi config admin.
- [High][GLASSFISH-18748] - An OSGi Service cannot be injected into a Stateful EJB.
- [High][GLASSFISH-18836] - Regression: An OSGi Service cannot be injected into a JAX-RS resource.
- [Mid][GLASSFISH-18896] - Allow criteria to be configurable in OSGiService. (★★Need to discuss with sahoo to understand mean of the RFE)
- [Low][GLASSFISH-18762] - @Named results in Ambiguous dependencies deployment failure in WAB.
- [Low][GLASSFISH-15225] - CDI beans not accessible in web applications.
- [Low][GLASSFISH-18514] - CDI does not get enabled on server start for a WAB bundle, the war has to be redeployed after the server starts for CDI to be enabled.
- http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH/component/10642 -- OSGi-JavaEE Component
Glassfish Team Leaders
- RFP 146 - CDI integration Proposed Final Draft https://www.osgi.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=141
- WELD OSGi integration Design Specification http://mathieuancelin.github.com/weld-osgi/