PHP Database Migration
This is a database migration library for PHP/MySQL. It mimics the behaviour of Ruby-on-Rails's database migration.
A database migration script is generated with a unique identifier. This means any person in your team can create a script independently, and, later in time, you guys can sync your scripts (with a source control or whatever) and update your database's structure with a single command.
- Create database
- Drop database
- Migrate database to the latest point
- Rollback one by one
- Get a SQL for your current schemas
How to use it
config.phpand configure your MySQL stuffs.
- Create your database by
php migrate.php create
- Generate a migration script by
php migrate.php generate create_first_table
- Open your new migration script in the directiory
migrationand edit it.
up()is for the migrating action, and
down()is for the rollback action.
- Run migration with
php migrate.php up
php migrate.php dumpin order to generate a SQL for your current schemas.
- Rollback the latest migration with
php migrate.php down
- Drop the database with
php migrate.php drop
You might need to find where your PHP's binary located.
Examples of migration scripts are in the directory
How to use it through UI
- Let your Apache point to the root folder of this project somehow
chmod 777the directory
- Open your browser and point to
How to contribute
- Go to the
- Configure database's parameters for testing in the beginning of
- Run all tests by
If all tests are passed, you may start your modification and submit me a pull request.
Tanin Na Nakorn
It is under Tanin's license, which means you can do whatever with it.