|Stable (8.4)||Nightly (9.0-a)||Source code|
|Download (.zip, 13 MB)||Download (.zip, 13 MB)||Download (.zip, 17 MB)|
About PhotoDemon 8.4
PhotoDemon is a portable photo editor. It is 100% free and 100% open-source.
PhotoDemon provides a comprehensive photo editor in a 13 MB download. It runs on any Windows PC (XP through Win 10) and it does not require installation. It runs just fine from a USB stick, SD card, or portable drive.
PhotoDemon is open-source and available under a permissive BSD license. Contributors have translated the program into more than a dozen languages.
New contributions from coders, designers, translators, and enthusiasts are always welcome.
- For information on the latest stable release, visit https://photodemon.org
- To download the program's source code, visit https://github.com/tannerhelland/PhotoDemon
- To download a nightly build of the latest source code, visit https://photodemon.org/download/
What makes PhotoDemon unique?
Lightweight and completely portable
No installer is provided or required. Aside from a temporary folder – which you can specify from the Tools > Options menu – PhotoDemon leaves no trace on your hard drive. Many users run PhotoDemon from a USB stick or portable drive.
Integrated macro recording and batch processing
Complex editing actions can be recorded as macros (similar to Office software). A built-in batch processor lets you apply macros to entire folders of images.
Usability is paramount
Many open-source photo editors are usability nightmares. PhotoDemon tries not to be. Small touches like real-time effect previews, save/load presets on all tools, unlimited Undo/Redo, "Fade last action", keyboard accelerators, mouse wheel and X-button support, and descriptive icons make it fast and easy to use.
Pro-grade features and tools
- Extensive file format support, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD) images and all major camera RAW formats
- Color-managed workflow, including full support for embedded ICC profiles
- Advanced multi-layer support, including editable text layers and non-destructive layer modifications
- On-canvas tools: digital paintbrushes, clone and pattern brushes, interactive gradients, and more
- Adjustment tools: levels, curves, HDR, shadow/highlight recovery, white balance, Wratten filters, and many more
- Filters and effects: perspective correction, edge detection, noise removal, real-time content-aware blur, unsharp masking, green screen, lens diffraction, vignetting, and many more
- More than 200 tools are provided in the current build.
- PhotoDemon isn't designed for operating systems other than Microsoft Windows. A compatibility layer like Wine may allow it to work on OSX, Linux, or BSD systems, but program stability and performance may suffer.
What's new in nightly builds
PhotoDemon 8.4 just released, so nightly builds don't have much to report (yet)!
For a detailed list of recent changes, check the project's commit log.
Ongoing PhotoDemon development is made possible by donations from users like you!
I am also extremely grateful for one-time donations. A secure donation page is available at photodemon.org/donate. Thank you!
PhotoDemon is BSD-licensed. This allows you to use its source code in any application, commercial or otherwise, if you supply proper attribution. Proper attribution includes a notice of copyright and disclaimer of warranty.
PhotoDemon uses some 3rd-party open-source libraries. These libraries are found in the /App/PhotoDemon/Plugins folder. These libraries have their own licenses, separate from PhotoDemon.
Full licensing details are available in LICENSE.md.