Make NYC Streets Safe
This Repository is focused changes that promote safe streets in line with Vision Zero initiatives in NYC and around the world. The primary focus is on tools for enforcement and creating a comprehensive overview of potential changes to NY and NYC law. Changes that are directly focused on changing mode share away from private vehicles which has a side effect of improved safety may also be listed here.
There are lots of organizations that are doing good work. Some that are focused on these topics are:
Have a specific idea, or additional information to contribute to an existing one? open an issue or Pull Request.
- Cyclists With Cameras - A movement to help TLC regulate illegal driver behavior, primarily blocking bike lanes.
- Pedestrian Signals - Improve legal definition of pedestrian Right Of Way
- Safely Passing Bicycles - Improve legal requirement for safe passing of cyclists
- Lead Pedestrian Interval - Allow cyclists to cross intersection on LPI
- Legislation - Laws I would like to see added/removed/changed