ViLaTaC (Vim LaTeX Table Creator)
easy table creator for LaTeX, created for vim with the vim-latex plugin.
LaTeX is nice. Creating tables is horrible. The perl-latex-table script does not support all the features that I use frequently, e.g. multicolumns, cmidrules, and so on. With ViLaTaC it is really easy to create tables for print and publishing.
- minimalistic syntax
- very flexible
- individual column formatting
- different font styles for table header and body can be defined in script file
- vim-latex jump marks for captions and labels
- set fonts in vilatac
- copy vilatac somewhere to your $PATH, e.g. ~/bin/
- check, that it is executable (chmod +x ~/bin/vilatac)
- put key mapping into ~/.vimrc: cmap TAB !vilatac
Learning by doing. Try the examples in sample.tex.
I know, there are other editors. You can use LaTaC with them. The only difference is that the jump marks were removed.
- latac (it's in this repository)