A custom ATtiny programming shield for use with Arduino ISP
I covered programming an ATtiny with the Arduino ISP in the ATtinyWithArduinoISP project.
Since I've been programming a few more ATtiny processors, and simplify the processing of programming an ATtiny with ArduinoISP, I wired up a strip of protoboard to serve as a custom programming shield. This is the layout I chose:
It's designed to be snapped onto an Arduino UNO, lined up with GPIO digital pins 8-13.
It includes two LEDs on PB0 and PB1, which can be used for debugging/testing a program loaded on the ATtiny.
Credits and References
- LEAP: ATtinyWithArduinoISP - programming an ATtiny with the Arduino ISP
- LEAP: TinyBlink - a simple ATtiny test sketch
- Atmel ATtiny85 Product Info
- ATtiny microcontroller support for the Arduino IDE
- Programming an ATtiny w/ Arduino 1.6 (or 1.0)
- Programming an ATtiny with Arduino ISP
- ..as mentioned on my blog