Realtime monitoring tool for several MongoDB servers. Shows current operations ordered by durations every second.
Install with easy_install:
Download and install:
Monitor several servers:
motop 192.168.124.50 188.8.131.52
e Explain the query
k Kill operation using "mongo" executable
K Kill operations older than given seconds using "mongo" executable
r Try to reconnect to disconnected servers
R Try to reconnect to all servers
- python 2.6 or greater
- pymongo 2.0 or greater 
Configuration file can be created to /etc/motop.conf.
There can be multiple sections on the configuration. Each section can include these parameters:
- Address of the server (required)
- Username to authenticate to the server
- Password to authenticate to the server
- Show status (default: on)
- Show replication status (default: on)
- Show replica set status (default: on)
- Show operations (default: on)
- Show constantly appeared replication operations on the masters and the slaves (default: on)
"DEFAULT" is the special section. Parameters can be set as default in this section.
The names of the sections will be used as server names. These names can alse be used on arguments of the executable.
[MongoDB01] address=10.42.2.121 replicationOperations=off [MongoDB02] address=10.42.2.122 [MongoDB03] address=10.42.2.123 [MongoDB04] address=10.42.2.124 username=foo password=bar
This tool is released under the ISC License, whose text is included to the source files. The ISC License is registered with and approved by the Open Source Initiative .
- Change coding style according to the PEP 8 for more contribution
- Improve human readable values
- Fix replica set monitoring (UdjinM6)
- Avoid crash for operations with missing fields
- Avoid crash for failed explain, kill actions
- Rename column State of the operation block
- Show locks with operations
- Avoid crash on missing data from server
- Aviod crash on connection failures
- Add reconnect buttons
- Try to reconnect to disconnected servers after every 20 refreshes
- Use username, password from the configuration instead of from the arguments
- Avoid crash on replica set view