This is the application server for AuditLog. It serves up the user interfaces and the versioned event and list APIs.
These are the local tools so far:
- Visual Studio 2017
- ASP.Net Core 2
- .Net Core 2
- SQL Server
- Setup your database, make sure you set snapshot isolation and name it "AuditLogDev"
UpdateLocalDB.cmdfrom Database folder
- Do a build, ensure automatic
gulp buildruns successfully (look at Task Runner Explorer)
- F5 to build
gulp buildshould run once before build,
gulp localshould run in the background the whole time
Errors Applying DB Script
/database/DatabaseUpdate.sqlis the raw SQL (and safe to re-run in SSMS againt local DB)
- Fix problem in
Add sample data
To add some sample data to the system:
- cd samples
- node runSample host port authpair numDaysToAdd
The authpair value is a colon seperated Consumer Id and Secret from the /configure/apikeys screen.
The numDaysToAdd is a number of day to add to event times (negative numbers work best).
Customer vs Client
- Customers are people that pay money to use AuditLog
- Clients are their customers/users
Events vs Entries
- Events are things that customers record
- Entries are things we have recorded