Add items to your To-do list app via Terminal Most big todo apps today allow for you to add an item to your task list via e-mail. This is a script that leverages that e-mail functionality, so that you can add todo list items from the command line. This helps to add tasks faster, without a context switch.
June 2, 2020 Update
A recent update in the Nirvana API makes it no longer possible for me to retrieve an access token. I've written a workaround which uses Nirvana's add tasks via email feature to add to your inbox. This adds a couple more steps to installation.
nin Clean room
- To add notes:
nin mytask // note for mytask
Installation (5 minutes)
Create and Setup a Free SendGrid account
- Go here and create a Free tier account and click the link in your email to confirm the account.
- Create a Sender Identity on SendGrid. This is required to be able to send e-mails. You can choose "Single Sender Verification" and use an email from a free email service (hotmail, outlook, etc) for this.
- Go here and generate an API Key. Save this key somewhere as you'll need it in later steps.
Get your personal Nirvana Inbox Address
- Go here and follow the instructions to get your personal address. Store this somewhere (we'll use it later).
- Make sure you have
sendgridinstalled. To install, run
pip install requests sendgrid
- Clone this repo
- Move it to a directory of your choice
- Navigate to it in Terminal
python nirvana_in.py --install
nin --helpfor commands
Not tested on Windows
Not affiliated with NirvanaHQ.