Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
It's been way too long in the making, but it's finally here : picoTCP v 1.7.0.
This is the first time the code is being released under both GPLv2 and GPLv3.
We've also improved the example code in the README.md, and clarified our use of a Contributors License Agreement.
Too many code changes to enumerate them all, but the most important changes are :
- 6LoWPAN support
- fixed many issues reported by coverity scan
- removed potential memory leaks (especially in case of failing mallocs, i.e. out-of-memory situations)
- many code quality improvements, internal refactorings
- limited hotplug detection support (currently only on SLAACv4)
- improved Bonjour conformance (not there yet, but getting closer)
- improvement in DNS response parsing
- various other bugfixes
for more, please run
git log :-)
A pre-compiled version of picoTCP intended for the prpl demo.
Note that this is not a production-quality release.
The binary was built using the command
make clean; make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-mti-elf- PLATFORM_CFLAGS="-EL -O2 -c -Wa,-mvirt -mips32r2 -mtune=m14k -mno-check-zero-division -msoft-float -fshort-double -ffreestanding -nostdlib -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0" DHCP_SERVER=0 SLAACV4=0 TFTP=0 AODV=0 IPV6=0 NAT=0 PING=1 ICMP4=1 DNS_CLIENT=0 MDNS=0 DNS_SD=0 SNTP_CLIENT=0 ARCH=pic32
picoTCP v1.6.2 - hotfixes release.
- fixed bug when using picotcp-memory manager where the wrong pico_free was called
picoTCP v1.6.1 - hotfixes release.
- fixed compiler warning for unused parameter
- fixed unit tests (IGMP, MLD, PPP-CHAP)
PicoTCP v1.6.0 - Release Notes
- Fixed major bug in timers, when timers are canceled and allocator reuses the address
- Several bugfixes in PPP module
- PPP: Added support for PAP
- Improved C89 compatibility: support for Watcom DOS compiler
- Several bugfixes in TCP
- Support for TCP LINGER
- Support for TCP KeepAlive mechanism
- TCP: ensure the socket is destroyed upon connection abort from peer (RST)
- Support for Multicast IPv6 + MLD
- Improved IGMP support
- DHCP client: support for hostname and domain name
- DHCP client: avoid adding 0.0.0.0 nameservers
- IPv4: ensure that broadcast frames are not forwarded
- IPv6: Fixed forwarding
- Overall TioBE TICS score improved
picoTCP v1.5.1 - hotfixes release.
- fixed possible memory leak when a DNS AAAA request fails
- proper automatic bind of UDP sockets upon sendto calls
- fixed memory leaks in mDNS/SD
- fixed mDNS records with length=0
- fixed TCP timeout and retransmissions timing upon connect()
- multicast DNS Support
- Service Discovery
- Refactoring of IP Fragmentation
- Improved IPv6 Neighbor discovery (full TAHI coverage of nd.p2 part 1)
- Improved handling of DNS servers information from DHCP client
- Improved overall Quality
- Fixed a few major bugs
- Fixed memory/timer leaks in sNTP
- Added support for PPP over Serial line
- Improved compliance of DNS client
- Accept RST/ACK as fast connection closing
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements
- Removed some dead code
- Unified support for Cortex M3/M4
- Explicit support for custom porting
- New dynamic routing protocol: AODV
- TFTP: several bug fixed.
- Fixed IPv6 fragmentation
- Full compliance to ICMPv6 RFC4443
- Full compliance to IPv6 Specs RFC2460
- UDP: fix CRC calculation
- Full complience to SLAACv6 RFC4862
- Reworked IPv6 Neighbor discovery mechanism (RFC4861)
- Several minor memory access fixes
- Fixed Copyright notes
- Fixed coding style