IMPORTANT: TWToolkit has been renamed and is now being maintained at SSToolkit.
TWToolkit makes life easier. It is made up of various view controllers, views, and categories that we use at Tasteful Works for our apps. Feel free to fork the repo and help us make it better.
- TWViewController - custom modal craziness
- TWPickerViewController - easily create picker view controllers like the Settings app
- TWMessagesViewController - simple message UI like the built-in SMS app
- TWGradientView - easily create gradients with optional borders and insets
- TWHUDView - simple heads-up display
- TWLabel - ever wanted to align your text to the top or the bottom
- TWLineView - easily create lines with an inset
- TWLoadingView - flexible loading view
- TWPieProgressView - pie chart style progress bar similar to the one in Xcode's status bar
- TWTextField - simply add edge insets
- TWWebView - handy delegate additions and control over shadows and scroll (still betay)
Several categories are included and used throughout TWToolkit.
Adding TWToolkit to your project
Run the following command to add the submodule. Be sure you have been added to the project on GitHub.
git submodule add git://github.com/tastefulworks/twtoolkit.git Frameworks/TWToolkit
In Finder, navigate to the
Frameworks/TWToolkitfolder and drag the
xcodeprojfile into the
Frameworksfolder in your Xcode project.
In Finder, drag
Resourcesfolder in your Xcode project.
Select the TWToolkit Xcode project from the sidebar in Xcode. In the file browser on the right in Xcode, click the checkbox next to
libTWToolkit.a. (If you don't see the file browser, hit Command-Shift-E to toggle it on.)
Select your target from the sidebar and open Get Info (Command-I).
Choose the General tab from the top.
Under the Direct Dependencies area, click the plus button, select TWToolkit from the menu, and choose Add Target.
Choose the build tab from the top of the window. Make sure the configuration dropdown at the top is set to All Configurations.
Frameworks/TWToolkitto Header Search Path (do not click the Recursive checkbox).
-all_load -ObjCto Other Linker Flags.
To use TWToolkit, simply add the following line to your source file.
You can also import individual files instead of the whole framework (for faster compile times) by doing something like:
TWCatalog is include with TWToolkit. This is a sample iPhone application to demonstrate the various features of TWToolkit.