(Simple, web-based) Gallery
I created this gallery because all the other galleries seem way too complicated.
What you'll need:
- PHP 5.2+ (with gd or imagemagick)
- Apache (or other web server)
How to install:
- Grab a copy:
- clone the repo:
git clone git://github.com/tasuk/gallery.git
- update submodules:
git submodule init && git submodule update
- clone the repo:
- Set up with web server; instructions for Apache:
- Copy .htaccess.template to .htaccess
- Edit .htaccess and change RewriteBase if necessary.
- These directories need to be writable by the server:
application/config/application.php.templateto application.php and edit it:
- Set base_url same as web server base.
How to use:
- Upload your intended directory structure with picture files to
- Visit admin/update url (currently everyone can do that, but it's harmless)
- Verify the gallery shows up as expected.
- Optionally, delete the original pics (which could take up a lot of space)
upload/- if you want to delete the photos from the gallery, delete them from
How to customize:
Gallery uses Kohana's cascading filesystem with a series of modules. These are configured in the above mentioned application.php config. The default is the gallery_v1 style, which is loaded like so:
'templates' => array( 'gallery_v1', ),
If you'd like to align the thumbnails using jQuery Masonry, then use the following:
'templates' => array( 'gallery_masonry', 'gallery_v1', ),
It's likely you'll want to make some customizations, eg. set your own title. In that case, please create your own module. Let's call it my_style:
'templates' => array( 'my_style', 'gallery_masonry', 'gallery_v1', ),
modules/my_style/messages/global.php and perform your changes there. If you
take versioning seriously, you should make the
a submodule of the original repo. Browse through the
modules/gallery_masonry/ directories to see what can be customized.
If you have any questions/remarks, feel free to contact me or create an issue on github!