What is this app?
This repository contains small, home-made web application to help review queued tasks in Todoist task manager in a quick, systematic way.
I believe that reviewing task is a crucial part of GTD and that helps maintain clear view of what needs to be done.
Currently this app allows to:
- assign a label to a task, and
- change task priority.
Personally I use Todoist labels as a "context" or "environment", so keeping this information up to date allows for easy filtering of tasks based on my current whereabouts: home, supermarket, work, etc.
Technically, the app is using:
- ASP.NET MVC,
- Knockout.js and therefore jQuery,
It's set up to compile with one click in most recent stable versions of Visual Studio Community IDE. It uses Todoist API to contact with the platform.
- Added ability to estimate task duration (e.g. for stats)
- Sections are now hidden if they don't need review for clean UI
- Web app was migrated from the .NET Framework to the .NET Core
- Filter of tasks to review was updated to include all tasks that need review
- Added code to prevent accidental page refresh during review on mobile devices
- Todoist API endpoint was updated because old version was shut down
- "Priority" section was moved above the "labels" section for more natural review flow
- added web app manifest for better mobile experience
- added ability to eliminate task during review
- added ability to set/update task priority
- added R# team-shared settings file
- improved API mock
- updated target framework from 4.5.2 to 4.7.1
- updated external dependencies
- removed unused Modernizr dependency
- Proof of concept