Todd's HowTo Emporium
Dumping ground for various HowTo documents that I produce as I stumble through my digital life. They are all Linux-focused —and often Fedora/CentOS/RHEL focused— HowTos.
General deployment (ties together many of these howtos)
- Deploying Ghost on Fedora Linux - OUT-OF-DATE!
- Install Wordpress on Fedora Linux, MariaDB (Mysql), and Nginx
- Install the Joplin secure notebook management application on the Fedora, OpenSUSE, and CentOS Linux Desktop
- Backup your linux machine using the Rsync Time Backup (rtb) command line utility
Networking and Access
- Configure FirewallD for Linux (laptop and server)
- Configure Fail2Ban for Linux
- SSH Tunnel (Port Forward via SSH)
- Create and Use SSH Keys
Filesystem / Performance
- Improve SSD Write and Delete Performance for Linux
- Configure Swap with a Swap File for Linux
- Rotate Log Files on Linux
Maintenance and Deployment
- Schedule a Nightly YUM or DNF Download of RPM Packages After Hours
- Set up a local DNF RPM repository
- Package an Application as an RPM and Build It Using Mock
- Schedule Cron Jobs to Run at Random Intervals
- Configure "send-only" Email via SMTP Relay
- Run an Application from a USB drive on Linux
- Enforce a base script is "sourced" or "executed"
- How to do Miscellaneous Things (a grabbag)
- What's my external IP address?
- What's my MAC address?
- What's my network device name?
- Port Introspection
- Checking a GnuPG public key file for it's signature
All documents are CC-BY-SA
Comments and feedback — email@example.com