Sample block with authentication
Sample Salesforce Marketing Cloud Content Builder Block using the blocksdk and SSO OAuth.
As a node app
npm install npm start
One click deployment to heroku:
The node app needs the following env variables set:
- APP_ID - the app ID or installed package ID so it knows what SSO page to send to
- APP_SIGNATURE - the app signature or JWT signing secret so it can decode the JWT passed by SSO
- CLIENT_ID - the client id from the API integration so it can use the auth endpoing to get a token
- CLIENT_SECRET - the client secret from the API integration so it can use the auth endpoing to get a token
Building your own block from here
# do not fork git clone https://github.com/tbesluau/sampleblock.git <my block name e.g. myblock> cd <my block name e.g. mybock> # create your own empty github repository for your new block and copy the clone url for it git remote set-url origin <your empty repo url> npm install
Files to edit:
- src/main.js for your code
- dist/index.html for your markup
- package.json for your block name and description
- README.md to be your own README
To test your changes locally:
npm run build; npm start
Then go to the block tester app and enter
http://localhost:3000 in the text field and click a block. You will have to allow unsecure iframes in your bowser (top right in the url bar in Chrome) first.
Once ready to deploy, commit your changes to your repo and click the deploy to heroku button on it.