Clang In Browser (cib)
Try it at https://tbfleming.github.io/cib/
I'm trying to see how far wasm can go. Is it possible to compile clang to wasm and have it generate code within the browser?
- Works in Firefox 57 and Chrome 63
- Build EOS contracts: https://tbfleming.github.io/cib/eos.html
- Integrate with user HTML
- Load gists
- Load header libraries in .zip files
- The runtime now consumes much less memory with each press of the Run button
- Standard library globals (e.g.
- Global constructors
- Function pointers and virtual functions
- Global destructors
- Exception handling
- stdin / cin. Waiting on browsers to restore SharedArrayBuffer.
VM for building clang
- Create a fresh VM to build with. The build will probably fail if you already have emscripten or clang installed.
- Consider using a high thread-count VM; e.g. an EC2 c5.9xlarge.
- I put the repo in a dedicated volume while building; this aids using spot instances. 100 GB.
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade sudo apt install build-essential cmake ninja-build python nodejs-legacy libncurses-dev unzip libboost1.58-tools-dev
Building WASM binaries
- Clones needed repos
- Builds an llvm toolchain for targeting WASM
- Builds emscripten
- Invokes emscripten to:
- set up environment
- build emscripten's dependances
- Uses emscripten to build llvm libraries
- Builds the apps