Agenda for the 61st meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Airbnb
- Dates: 28-30 November 2017
- 10:00 to 17:00 PST on 28 and 29 of November 2017
- 10:00 to 16:00 PST on 30 of November 2017
- Location: Airbnb, 999 Brannan Street, San Francisco CA 94103
- Dinner: 6:30PM, Wednesday, 11/29. Cockscomb
- Name: Jordan Harband
- Phone: 650-918-7699
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to park
There are a number of parking lots nearby:
How to access the building Enter the 999 Brannan Street building at the corner of 9th and Brannan. Pick up your badge at the security desk, and Jordan will come escort you in.
Technical presentation requirements (adapters, google hangouts/other accounts required, etc.)
- For connecting remotely, we will be using WebEx. I will post the link in the Reflector each morning.
- For presenting, as long as your laptop has Thunderbolt or HDMI, you should be fine.
Any other logistics required to participate in the meeting
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
Agenda Topic Rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: November 18th, 2017, 18:00 UTC
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or they will not be eligible for advancement. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Timeboxed topics may be 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes in length.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call Opening of the meeting (Mr. Jaeschke) Introduction of attendees Host facilities, local logistics
Find volunteers for note taking Adoption of the agenda Review next year's meeting schedule (Daniel Ehrenberg)
Approval of the minutes from last meeting Next Meeting Host and Logistics Report from the Ecma Secretariat (15m) Project Editors’ Reports ECMA262 Status Updates (15m) ECMA402 Status Updates (15m) ECMA404 Status Updates (15m) Test262 Status Updates (15m)
- Web compatibility issues / Needs Consensus PRs
Timeboxed overflow from previous meeting 15 Minute Items 30 Minute Items 45 Minute Items 60 Minute Items Timebox Not Yet Selected (champion, please select one)
- Timeboxed agenda items
15 Minute Items
Array.prototype.flatMapfor Stage 3 (Michael Ficarra)
Numeric separators for Stage 3 (Sam Goto, Rick Waldron) slides InterpreterDirective (Bradley Farias) (gist)
String.prototype.codePointsfor Stage 1 (Ingvar Stepanyan, Mathias Bynens) (slides)
dotAllstatus update (Mathias Bynens) (slides)
RegExp named captures status update (Mathias Bynens) (slides) RegExp lookbehind assertions status update (Mathias Bynens) (slides)
String.prototype.replaceAllfor Stage 1 (Mathias Bynens) (slides)
30 Minute Items Clarify/redefine Stage 4 requirements (Daniel Ehrenberg) (PR)--Cover on Tuesday after noon RegExp Unicode property escapes status update (Mathias Bynens) (slides) Make ECMAScript a syntactic superset of JSON for Stage 2 (by Richard Gibson. Championed by Mark S. Miller & Mathias Bynens) (slides) Revisiting parameter initializers and sloppy eval (Adam Klein) (slides, gist) Discuss module order instantiation/evaluation guarantees (Bradley Farias) (slides) Repair loss of Proxy transparency, for Stage 1 (Mark S. Miller, Caridy Patino, Keith Miller, Tom Van Cutsem) (issue thread)(withdrawn) Array
[@@Species], Array Index Accessors and Security (Natalie Silvanovich) (slides)
Intl.Locale for Stage 2 (Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides) Pipeline Operator for Stage 2 (Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides) Grammar constraints (Dave Herman, Mike Pennisi) (blog post)
45 Minute Items
- 60 Minute Items
Inheriting private static class elements discussion and resolution (Kevin Gibbons and Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides) Decimal for Stage 0 (Andrew Paprocki and Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides) Distinguishing literal strings proposal for Stage 0 (Adam Klein and Mike West) (slides) Object.freeze + Object.seal syntax proposal for Stage 0 (Keith Cirkel) Block Params to Stage 1 (Sam Goto) (slides) Class Fields: split proposal (Daniel Ehrenberg) Class fields ASI discussion and resolution (Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides)
- Decorators discussion towards Stage 3 (Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides) late emoji because slides published on Sunday
Non-timeboxed overflow from previous meeting
- Non-timeboxed agenda items
Stage 0+ proposals looking to advance New proposals
- Discussion and updates for Stage 0+ Proposals
Open-ended discussion: How can we improve inclusiveness of discussions in TC39, both within the committee and with the broader developer community? (Daniel Ehrenberg) (slides)
- Open-ended discussion: Exploring Statements as Expressions. (Brian Terlson, Ron Buckton)
- Overflow from timeboxed discussion items (in insertion order)
Other Business Thank host
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2018-01-23 to 2018-01-25||Mountain View|
|2018-03-20 to 2018-03-22||London||ICL|
|2018-05-22 to 2018-05-24||New York||Bloomberg (to confirm)|
|2018-07-24 to 2018-07-26||Redmond||Microsoft|
|2018-09-25 to 2018-09-27||New York||PayPal|
|2018-11-27 to 2018-11-29||Cupertino||Apple|