Agenda for the 65th meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Microsoft, Redmond, WA
- Dates: 24-26 July 2018
- 10:00 to 17:00 PT on 24 and 25 of July 2018
- 10:00 to 16:00 PT on 26 of July 2018
Lincoln Square North, room LS/15104 & LS/15200
700 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Wifi: MSFTGUEST, event code: msevent454lj
- Dinner: Wednesday 6:00pm-9:00pm Black Bottle 4207, 919 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004
- Name: Brian Terlson
- Phone: 763.498.3633
- Email: email@example.com
- Where to park: Parking is under Lincoln Square. Take a ticket and bring it with you to validate with Visitor Reception when you check in.
- How to access the building: Take the elevators from the parking garage to the Lincoln Square lobby, then take another elevator to the 15th floor. Check in on the 15th floor with Microsoft reception. You can wait for an escort, but the meeting venue can be accessed without an escort.
- Additional Meeting Space: I have reserved a meeting room for breakouts or private meetings. Please talk to @bterlson to reserve this room.
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
TBD Hotels nearby (optional)
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: July 14, 2018, 18:00 UTC
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or they will not be eligible for advancement. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call
Find volunteers for note taking
Adoption of the agenda
Approval of the minutes from last meeting
Next meeting host and logistics
Report from the Ecma Secretariat (15m, Istvan Sebestyen) (slides)
Project Editors’ Reports
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
Web compatibility issues / Needs Consensus PRs timebox topic presenter 15m Normative: Reduce the number of ticks in async/await (slides) Kevin Smith 10m Atomics.notify Status Report Leo Balter, Rick Waldron
Overflow from previous meeting timebox topic presenter 30m
ArrayBuffer.prototype.transfer: base proposal for stage 2; discussion on extended proposal
Domenic Denicola 15m Explicit Resource Management for Stage 1 (slides) Ron Buckton 30m
Intl.DateTimeFormat.prototype.formatRangefor Stage 1 (or 2?) (Slides)
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions timebox topic presenter 30m Report on Realms shim Security Review (slides, (keynote file) JF Paradis, Mark S. Miller, Brian Warner, Dean Tribble 25m Management/infrastructure tasks; invited expert policy; meeting planning (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg 10m Website and Documentation project update (slides) Yulia Startsev 30m Update onslides
Dave Herman 15m TC53 introduction for TC39 slides Peter Hoddie
stage timebox topic presenter 3 15m New name for
Jordan Harband 2 15m
Object.fromEntriesto stage 3?
Jordan Harband, Kevin Gibbons 2 60m Decorators fortowards Stage 3 (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg 1 60m Temporal proposal update Slides Maggie Pint 1 60m Updates on First-class Protocols Proposal (slides) Michael Ficarra 1 30m Class static block for Stage 2? (slides) Ron Buckton 1 30m RegExp match offsets for Stage 2 (slides) Ron Buckton 1 45m Partial Application Update (slides) Ron Buckton 1 30m Cancellation Update (slides) Ron Buckton
Stage 0 10m lightning talks topic presenter
Longer or open-ended discussions timebox topic presenter 30m Groups! https://github.com/tc39/Reflector/files/2215322/tc39-2018-037_R1.pdf (overflow) (slides, Reflector post) (overflow) Yulia Startsev 45m Reviewing the future JS syntax throughout the current proposals (overflow) (slides) Leo Balter 60m Abstractions for membranes (slides) Alex Vincent (expert invited by Mark S. Miller) 30m Some web stuff I've been working on that Dan thinks we should talk about Domenic Denicola 30m User testing (e.g. usability or learnability): call for resources Shu-yu Guo
15m+ Stage 0 proposals timebox topic presenter 45m
Intl.NumberFormatUnified Feature Proposal (Slides) for Stage 2
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
topic presenter Update on do-expressions Dave Herman (5m) Revisit
Other business Thank host
- Alex Vincent (membranes invited expert) can only attend this one meeting.
- Yulia Startsev can only attend in the mornings. (for website and groups updates)
- Maya Lekova (for "Normative: Reduce the number of ticks in async/await" item) can only dial in for morning/early afternoon (until ~14:00) sessions, preferably on Wednesday.
- Ron Buckton is only able to attend remotely Tuesday (after 1pm), and Wednesday (all day). In addition to the topics he is presenting, if possible he would also like to be able to participate in the Decorators discussion.
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2018-09-25 to 2018-09-27||New York||PayPal|
|2018-11-27 to 2018-11-29||Cupertino||Apple|
|2019-01-29 to 2019-01-31||Scottsdale, AZ||GoDaddy|
|2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28||New York|
|2019-06-04 to 2019-06-06||Berlin||Stripe|
|2019-07-23 to 2019-07-25||Redmond, WA||Microsoft|