Agenda for the 67th meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Apple Inc., Cupertino, CA
- Dates: 27-29 November 2018
- 10:00 to 17:00 PST on 27 and 28 of November 2018
- 10:00 to 16:00 PST on 29 of November 2018
- Location: Apple Park, Cupertino, CA 95014
- Name: Michael Saboff
- Newcomers Event:
- Tuesday, November 27, 18:00
- Location: In Meeting Room
- Wednesday, November 28, 18:30
- Location: Tied House Brewery & Cafe map
954 Villa Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
- Audio / Video Conferencing:
- Via WebEx. Use WebEx or Jabber to connect.
- Details on the reflector.
- 10600 North Tantau Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014
How to access the meeting: You need to come to the Apple Park Reception Building on the West side of the North Tantau Ave / Pruneridge Ave intersection. This is on the opposite side of the campus from the employee Wolfe Road entrance. Note that this is not the Apple Park Visitor's center, the two story building on the East side of North Tantau Ave.
Any other logistics required to participate in the meeting
- Please register ahead of time for the meeting via the Doodle so that your named badge is ready when you arrive.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes early. This will provide time to walk across the street from the park garage, get your badge at the reception lobby and walk to the meeting room which is some distance away.
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
(I don't have any experience with these hotels. They are the nearest.)
- Residence Inn Cupertino 19429 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Cupertino, California 95014 408-777-0188
- Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino 10741 North Wolfe Road, Cupertino, California, 95014 408-777-8787
- Marriot Courtyard 10605 North Wolfe Road, Cupertino, California 95014 408-252-9100
- Woodcrest Hotel 5415 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95051 408-446-9636
- Aloft Cupertino 10165 North De Anza Boulevard, Cupertino, California 95014 408-766-7000
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: November 17, 2018, 18:00 UTC
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call Opening of the meeting (Mr. Jaeschke) TC39 follows its Code of Conduct Introduction of attendees Host facilities, local logistics Quick recap of meeting IPR policy (Daniel Ehrenberg) Overview of communication tools (Brian Terlson)
Find volunteers for note taking
Adoption of the agenda
Approval of the minutes from last meeting
Next meeting host and logistics
Report from the Ecma Secretariat (15m, Istvan Sebestyen)
Project Editors’ Reports
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
Ad-hoc TC39 History Group - Archival data and you! (<10 mins, Jory Burson)
Ecma Fellows nominations (5m)
timebox topic presenter 10m Modules layering/naming for WebAssembly, for "consensus, ready to merge" (PR #1311, PR #1312) Daniel Ehrenberg (author: Lin Clark) 10m Dynamic modules layering change, for "consensus, awaiting implementation/embedder feedback" (PR #1306; slides). To be scheduled before 12pm. author: Guy Bedford 30m Intuition gathering for memory model bug (#1354) Shu-yu Guo 15m isRegExp change (PR #1318) Jordan Harband
Overflow from previous meeting timebox topic presenter
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions
timebox topic presenter 15m ECMAScript 2020 editor-in-chief selection (issue) 15m Outreach groups update (slides; repo) Yulia Startsev and Daniel Ehrenberg 5m Policy update Daniel Ehrenberg 5m Override mistake fix status update (PR) Daniel Ehrenberg 1m Meeting planning follow-up (dates/locations; Issue) Daniel Ehrenberg 15m
Array.prototype.sortstability (slides, PR)
Mathias Bynens 5m Management group refresh slides Yulia Startsev
Proposals stage timebox topic presenter 3 10m Symbol description for stage 4 (#1346) Michael Ficarra 3 30m Function.prototype.toString revision for stage 4 (#697) Michael Ficarra 2 10m Hashbang grammar for Stage 3 Bradley Farias 2 30m Intl.NumberFormat Feature Proposal for Stage 3 (Slides) Shane Carr 2 30m Decorators: Stage 2 status update (Please raise any concerns for advancement to Stage 3) Daniel Ehrenberg 1 5m Withdrawing Distinguishing Literal Strings Adam Klein 1 20m Distinguishing templates: PR Phase 1, Spec Phase 2 Daniel Ehrenberg 1 30m dateStyle/timeStyle for Stage 2 (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg 1 30m Update on Optional Chaining Optional Chaining (slides) Dustin Savery 0 30m Asset References for Stage 1 Sebastian Markbage
Longer or open-ended discussions
timebox topic presenter 15m Updates on test262.report after public release Leo Balter
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
- Thank host
Breakout Sessions (Day 3)
|Time||A (front room)||B (back room)||C (air shaft)||D (hall couches)|
|10:00-11:00||Private Symbols||JS Explain||The Issue Queue||Typed Objects|
|11:00-12:00||Optional Chaining Discussion||WeakRef||The Issue Queue||Dynamic Modules|
|13:00-14:00||> :: function calls||Standard library|
|14:00-15:00||Locale Data||Jessie Semantics||Standard Library||Our Reputation|
|15:00-15:30||How we make decisions||Standard Library||Our Reputation|
|15:30-16:00||Report Back||Report Back||Report Back||Report Back|
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2019-01-29 to 2019-01-31||Scottsdale, AZ||GoDaddy|
|2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28||New York|
|2019-06-04 to 2019-06-06||Berlin||JSConf EU|
|2019-07-23 to 2019-07-25||Redmond, WA||Microsoft|
|2019-10-01 to 2019-10-03||New York||Bloomberg|
|2019-12-03 to 2019-12-05||San Francisco, CA||Salesforce|