Agenda for the 71st meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Microsoft
- Dates: 23-25 July 2019
- 10:00 to 17:00 PDT on 23 and 24 of July 2019
- 10:00 to 16:00 PDT on 25 of July 2019
- Location: Reflector Thread
- Wifi: MSFT Guest
- Dinner: Ingredients
- Name: Brian Terlson
- Phone: 763.498.3633
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Park in visitor parking
- Check in at reception and ping a Microsoftee if none is present to escort!
- Breakfast will be ready at 9:30 am every day.
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: July 13, 2019, 18:00 UTC
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 4 must link to a pull request into the spec, since the process requires one.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call
- Opening of the meeting (Yulia Startsev, Aki Rose, Brian Terlson)
- TC39 follows its Code of Conduct
- Introduction of attendees
- Host facilities, local logistics
- Quick recap of meeting IPR policy (Daniel Ehrenberg)
- Overview of communication tools (Brian Terlson)
Find volunteers for note taking
Adoption of the agenda
Approval of the minutes from last meeting
Next meeting host and logistics
Report from the Ecma Secretariat (15m, Istvan Sebestyen)
Project Editors’ Reports
- ECMA262 Status Updates (15m)
- ECMA402 Status Updates (15m)
- ECMA404 Status Updates (15m)
- Test262 Status Updates (15m)
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
timebox topic presenter 5m make
function.sentinactive, or appoint a new champion
Jordan Harband 15m fix spec bug in
Jordan Harband 15m Guard TypedArray methods from non-exotic receivers Jordan Harband 15m Disallow internal methods returning continue|break|return Jordan Harband 30m Reduce the amount of implementation-defined behavior in
Overflow from previous meeting
timebox topic presenter
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions
timebox topic presenter
stage timebox topic presenter 3 15m
Promise.allSettledfor Stage 4 (slides)
Mathias Bynens 2 15m
Mike Samuel 2 30m
String.prototype.replaceAllfor Stage 3 (slides)
Mathias Bynens 2 30m
Intl.DisplayNamesfor Stage 3 (slides)
Frank Tang 2 30m Collection Normalization update Bradley Farias 2 60m Optional Chaining for Stage 3 (slides) Daniel Rosenwasser 2 45m Nullish Coalescing for Stage 3 (slides) Daniel Rosenwasser 2 30m RegExp Match Offsets Update / Stage 3 Ron Buckton 1 15m
Promise.anyfor Stage 2 or 3 (slides)
Symbol.reverseand related methods for
Setfor stage 1 (link in progress)
Leo Balter, Jordan Harband 0 30m
Bradley Farias 0 30m Infix Bang for Stage 1 Mark S. Miller
Longer or open-ended discussions
timebox topic presenter 30m Status of Secure EcmaScript (SES) Mark S. Miller
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
- Thank host
- Mathias is presenting several topics, but will be calling in from CEST. Ideal times are on Wednesday either at 10 AM PDT sharp, or generally as early in the day as possible. Should preferably be around for any RegExp-related topics.
- Mike Sherov (OpenJS Foundation) is attending remotely for the Symbol.reverse part.
- Frank Tang is attending remotely for Intl.DisplayNames and can only present on Tuesday July 23.
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2019-10-01 to 2019-10-03||New York||Bloomberg|
|2019-12-03 to 2019-12-05||San Francisco, CA||Salesforce|