Agenda for the 72nd meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: Bloomberg
- Dates: October 1st-3rd, 2019
- 10:00 to 17:00 EDT on October 1st, 2019
- 10:00 to 17:00 EDT on October 2nd, 2019
- 10:00 to 16:00 EDT on October 3rd, 2019
- Location: Reflector
- Name: Andrew Paprocki
- Email: email@example.com
- Photo ID is required to pick up your badge each day
- Highly recommended to use subways, taxis, and/or car services -- do not drive/park
- Video conferencing software is HTML5 based, no install, link provided at meeting
- Necessary display adapters will be provided if required, but please prefer hosted slides linked to agenda
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
See Reflector for details.
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: 21 September 2019 18:00 UTC
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 4 must link to a pull request into the spec, since the process requires one.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call
- Opening of the meeting (Yulia Startsev, Aki Rose, Brian Terlson)
- TC39 follows its Code of Conduct
- Introduction of attendees
- Host facilities, local logistics
- Quick recap of meeting IPR policy (Daniel Ehrenberg)
- Overview of communication tools (Brian Terlson)
Find volunteers for note taking
Adoption of the agenda
Approval of the minutes from last meeting
Next meeting host and logistics
Report from the Ecma Secretariat (15m, Istvan Sebestyen)
Project Editors’ Reports
- ECMA262 Status Updates (15m) (Jordan Harband)
- ECMA402 Status Updates (15m)
- ECMA404 Status Updates (15m)
- Test262 Status Updates (15m)
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
timebox topic presenter 15m Evaluate all computed names before any values in object literals needs a champion Jordan Harband for Daniel Ehrenberg 15m Remove ToUint32 from array literal evaluation Jordan Harband for Daniel Ehrenberg 15m Prevent DFS invariants from being broken Jordan Harband for Gus Caplan 15m Redefine CatchParameter as FormalParameter Jordan Harband for Sergey Rubanov
Overflow from previous meeting
timebox topic presenter
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions
timebox topic presenter 15m Grammar validity Waldemar Horwat 15m Reduce the amount of implementation-defined behavior in
Mathias Bynens 15m Strengthening
Shu-yu Guo, Conrad Watt 30m Unifying errors for private fields (slides) Shu-yu Guo 30m Proposal Disclosure Policy Michael Saboff
stage timebox topic presenter 3 15m Update on Optional Chaining and Nullish Coalescing Daniel Rosenwasser 3 30m Update on Class Fields, Private methods, and Static class features Caio Lima 2 15m
Promise.anyfor Stage 3 (slides)
Mathias Bynens 2 30m
String.prototype.replaceAllfor Stage 3 (slides)
Mathias Bynens 2 30m Temporal (Update/Stage-3) Philipp Dunkel 2 30m for-in order for Stage 3 (slides) Kevin Gibbons 2 30m Update on sequence property escapes in Unicode regular expressions (slides) Mathias Bynens 2 30m Intl.DisplayNames for Stage 3 (slides) Frank Tang 1 30m Map#upsert , previously Map#insertOrUpdate for Stage 2 Erica Pramer 0 30m
Object.mapfor Stage 1 (slides)
Jonathan Keslin 0 60m Const Value Types for Stage 1 (slides forthcoming) Robin Ricard, Richard Button 0 30m Declarations in Conditionals for Stage 1 Devin Rousso 0 30m UUID for Stage 1 Ben Coe
Longer or open-ended discussions
timebox topic presenter
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
- Thank host
- Jonathan Keslin will attend remotely from PDT timezone, so would like to present after lunch any of the days.
- Robin Ricard will not be available after noon on Thursday, so would like to present any other day or Thursday morning
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2019-12-03 to 2019-12-05||San Francisco, CA||Salesforce|