Agenda for the 74th meeting of Ecma TC39
- Host: University of Hawai'i, Google
- Dates: February 4-6, 2020
- 10:00 to 17:00 HST on February 4th, 2020
- 10:00 to 17:00 HST on February 5th, 2020
- 10:00 to 16:00 HST on February 6th, 2020
- Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
- Attendee information: Reflector
Allen's paper on standards committee participation for new attendees: http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
Agenda topic rules
Deadline for advancement eligibility: January 25th, 2020 10:00 HST
- Note: this time is selected to be precisely 10 days prior to the start of the meeting
- Proposals not looking to advance may be added at any time; if after the deadline, please always use a pull request so that members are notified of changes.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 0 or 1 must be added (and noted as such) prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals should include supporting materials when possible.
- Proposals looking to advance to stages 2, 3, or 4 must be added (and noted as such) along with the necessary materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline.
- Such proposals must link to supporting materials prior to the deadline, or else delegates may object to advancement solely on the basis of missing the deadline. If these materials change substantially after the deadline, the proposal may be disqualified from advancement, based on the committee’s judgment.
- Proposals looking to advance to stage 4 must link to a pull request into the spec, since the process requires one.
- Proposal-based agenda items should be sorted primarily by stage (descending), secondarily by timebox (ascending), and finally by insertion date.
Supporting materials includes slides, a link to the proposal repository, a link to spec text, etc.; essentially, anything you are planning to present to the committee, or that would be useful for delegates to review.
Opening, welcome and roll call (Chair)
- Opening of the meeting
- TC39 follows its Code of Conduct
- Introduction of attendees
- Host facilities, local logistics
- Quick recap of meeting IPR policy
- Overview of communication tools
Find volunteers for note taking
Adoption of the agenda
Approval of the minutes from last meeting
Next meeting host and logistics
Secretary's Report (15m, Istvan Sebestyen)
Project Editors’ Reports
Updates from the CoC Committee (15m)
✓ timebox topic presenter 5m ToInteger normalizes -0 to +0 Jordan Harband
Overflow from previous meeting
✓ stage timebox topic presenter 2 30m updates on realms Caridy Patiño 0 20m Unicode Properties Shane F. Carr 0 30m Async initialization for stage 1 Bradley Farias 0 30m Preserve Host Virtualizability for Stage 1 Mark S. Miller 0 60m BigDecimal for Stage 1 (slides) Daniel Ehrenberg
Short (≤30m) Timeboxed Discussions
✓ timebox topic presenter
✓ represents an agenda item which has been presented, and does not indicate stage advancement
✓ stage timebox topic presenter 1 30m Update on
Longer or open-ended discussions
✓ timebox topic presenter
Overflow from timeboxed agenda items (in insertion order)
✓ topic presenter
- Thank host
Dates and locations of future meetings
|2020-03-31 to 2020-04-02||Cupertino, CA||Apple|
|2020-06-02 to 2020-06-04||Chicago, IL||PayPal|
|2020-07-21 to 2020-07-23||Bellevue, WA||Microsoft|
|2020-09-22 to 2020-09-24||Tokyo, Japan||Bloomberg|