A repository template for ECMAScript proposals.
Before creating a proposal
Please ensure the following:
- You are a member of TC39
- You have read the process document
- You have reviewed the existing proposals
Create your proposal repo
Follow these steps:
- Create your own repo, clone this one, and copy its contents into your repo. (Note: Do not fork this repo in GitHub's web interface, as that will later prevent transfer into the TC39 organization)
- Go to your repo settings “Options” page, under “GitHub Pages”, and set the source to the master branch and click Save. 1. Ensure "Issues" is checked. 1. Also, you probably want to disable "Wiki" and "Projects"
- Avoid merge conflicts with build process output files by running:
git config --local --add merge.output.driver true git config --local --add merge.output.driver true
- Add a post-rewrite git hook to auto-rebuild the output on every commit:
cp hooks/post-rewrite .git/hooks/post-rewrite chmod +x .git/hooks/post-rewrite
Maintain your proposal repo
- Make your changes to
spec.emu(ecmarkup uses HTML syntax, but is not HTML, so I strongly suggest not naming it ".html")
- Any commit that makes meaningful changes to the spec, should run
npm run buildand commit the resulting output.
- Whenever you update
npm run buildand commit any changes that come from that dependency.