TDLib Universal Windows Platform example
This is an example of building TDLib SDK for Universal Windows Platform and an example of its usage from C#.
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2015+ with Windows 10 SDK. We recommend to use the latest available versions of Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows 10 SDK.
- Download and install CMake.
- Install vcpkg or update it to the latest version using
vcpkg updateand following received instructions.
opensslfor all UWP architectures using
cd <path to vcpkg> .\vcpkg.exe install openssl:arm-uwp openssl:x64-uwp openssl:x86-uwp zlib:arm-uwp zlib:x64-uwp zlib:x86-uwp
- (Optional. For XML documentation generation.) Download PHP. Add the path to php.exe to the PATH environment variable.
- Download and install gperf. Add the path to gperf.exe to the PATH environment variable.
- Download and install 7-Zip archiver, which is used by the
build.ps1script to create a Telegram.Td.UWP Visual Studio Extension. Add the path to 7z.exe to the PATH environment variable. Alternatively
build.ps1supports compressing using WinRAR with option
-compress winrarand compressing using zip with
build.ps1script (TDLib should be built 6 times for multiple platforms in Debug and Release configurations, so it make take few hours). Pass path to vcpkg.exe as
-vcpkg-rootargument, for example:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy ByPass .\build.ps1 -vcpkg_root C:\vcpkg
If you need to restart the build from scratch, call
.\build.ps1 -mode clean first.
- Install Visual Studio Extension "TDLib for Universal Windows Platform" located at
build-uwp\vsix\tdlib.vsix, which was created on the previous step by
TDLib can be freely used from any UWP project, built in Visual Studio.
Example of usage
app/ directory contains a simple example of a C# application for Universal Windows Platform. Just open it with Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 and run.