This project is designed as a Proof Of Concept Universal App to get the approximate distance from a WiFi access point.
- Lists the Access Points in the area together with their Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI)
- Estimates the distance based on this formula: d = 10 ^ ((TxPower - RSSI) / (10 * n))
- TxPower is the RSSI measured at 1m from a known AP.
- n is the propagation constant or path-loss exponent. For example: 2.7 to 4.3 (Free space has n =2 for reference).
- RSSI is the measured RSSI
- d is the distance in meter