Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
This is primarily a cleanup and bugfix release. The changes include
- A fix for a bug which failed to remove temporary files on power loss and caused the FlashCast USB drive to run out of space
- Updated target architecture settings which allow the Chromecast's floating-point hardware to be used more effectively
- An updated Buildroot base which includes, among other things, a fix for the OpenSSL Heartbleed vulnerability
- Updated splash screen text that reflects the LED changes made in the last release
- A fix for a bug which incorrectly interpreted nonzero
imager.shreturn values other than 1 as success when flashing multiple mods
After several months, a new FlashCast release is ready. Version 1.2 includes many enhancements and bug fixes and is recommended for all users. Among the changes are
- A fix for an issue which caused root to be lost in rare cases when power was lost during a Eureka-ROM flash in recovery mode
- A change to make the LED blink white during the flashing process (changed from solid white)
- Correct timestamping of log files when an internet connection is available
- Support for using the USB drive as temporary storage, allowing for much larger local squashfs images to be edited
- Improved Wi-Fi configuration parsing logic, which will improve compatibility with future OS releases
- Support for running helper functions directly from an interactive shell
- Improved error handling in helper functions
This release fixes a Wi-Fi configuration bug and adds a few minor enhancements:
- Log files have been moved from
flashcast-logsto a numbered directory inside
flashcast-datain preparation for upcoming backup functionality.
- Wi-Fi AP creation now functions correctly in the case where a client connection was established but no DHCP lease could be obtained.
sedutility is now GNU's implementation rather than BusyBox's. This allows for embedded hexadecimal escape sequences for simple binary patching.
- Large temporary files can now be created by passing
-las the first argument to a new
mktempwrapper. See the documentation for more information.
has_mod_optionwill no longer generate a (harmless) error in the log file when an options file is not passed to the mod.
FlashCast version 1.1 brings several new enhancements and fixes, including
- A new kernel based on the latest 3.8 source from Google
- Support for flashing multiple mods in one run using the
- Better error handling in helper functions
- A fix for a race condition which caused flashing to fail on some flash drives and SD cards
- Support for running as a recovery image
- Support for passing mods an options file at runtime
- A new location for log files:
- Support for modifying and flashing local squashfs images