Make any ActiveRecord model paranoid by just including
Immortal, and instead of being deleted from the database, the object will just marked as 'deleted' with a boolean field in the database.
Add the gem dependency to your Gemfile:
class User < ActiveRecord::Base include Immortal end
And add a boolean field called
deleted to that model:
class AddDeletedToUsers < ActiveRecord::Migration def self.up add_column :users, :deleted, :boolean end def self.down remove_column :users, :deleted end end
- Add documentation in the code
If you want to improve immortal
- Fork the repo
- Create a topic branch
git checkout -b my_feature
- Push it!
git push origin my_feature
- Open a pull request
- 1.0.5 Use separate internal accessors for with/only_deleted singular association readers
- 1.0.4 Extract with_deleted singular assoc readers to separate module
- 1.0.3 Added back feature where using immortal finders doesn't unscope association scopes.
- 1.0.2 Added with/only_deleted singular association readers (see specs)
- 1.0.1 Made compatible with Rails 3.1.X
- 1.0.0 Changed the API, made it compatible with Rails 3.1, removed functionality
- 0.1.6 Fixing immortal issue 2: with_deleted breaks associations
- 0.1.5 Add "without deleted" scope to join model by overriding HasManyThroughAssociation#construct_conditions rather than simply adding to has_many conditions.
- 0.1.4 fix bug where ALL records of any dependent associations were immortally deleted if assocation has :dependant => :delete_all option set
- 0.1.3 fix bug where join model is not immortal
- 0.1.2 fix loading issue when the
deletedcolumn doesn't exist (or even the table)
- 0.1.1 fix behavior with
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) Teambox
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.