Grimoire is a mobile-friendly 5e spellbook that organizes spell lists by class and level.
See the latest compiled build here: http://ephe.github.io/grimoire/
- 8/16/16: New build with most of the bugfixes that have filtered in, and spell school tags. Cheers all!
- 3/2/16: Pushed a new build with the most recent batch of bugfixes.
- 2/22/16: Oops, have been merging typo fixes periodically. Merging in some more!
- 12/17/15: Merged in more typo fixes, and spells from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
- 12/1/15: Merged in more typo fixes, and the rest of the spells from the Elemental Evil Player's Companion.
- 11/1/15: Merged in typo fixes, and some spells added from the Elemental Evil Player's Companion.
- 10/19/15: Fixed Arcane Gate and Antilife Shell, and integrated Jets.js into the main and class pages.
- 8/8/15: Merged the rest of the spells in, started adding links to spell references, and pushed a new build. Thanks everyone!
- 6/8/15: Merged pull requests and pushed a new build.
- 5/29/15: Merged pull requests and pushed a new build. Thanks, y'all!
- 5/1/15: Many belated spell additions, thanks to @jayrab, @zetsevs, and @LukasCaller. Also table styles for web, though no real mobile support yet.
- 1/1/15: Merged in several level 3 and level 4 spells, thanks to @jayrab, @zetsevs, and @LukasCaller.
- 12/31/14: Added Cleric level 2 spells from the starter kit, merged in some bard spells from jayrab.
- 9/30/14: Added rest of Wizard level 1 spells.
- 9/26/14: Added Sorcerer and Warlock cantrips, and Ranger, Sorcerer and Warlock level 1 spells. Also Remove Curse and the level 3 category. Spell level links on spell pages now go to the level subsection in the full spell list (home) instead of a broken subpage.
- 9/25/14: Added Druid cantrips and Druid and Paladin level 1 spells.
- Added all Bard cantrips and level 1 spells.
- Added Wizard cantrips and level 1 from the starter kit.
- Added all Cleric cantrips and level 1 spells.
- Create another layout for the spell level tag pages (e.g. cantrip, level1). Also figure out what to do with those pages.
- Find a real home for class specializations (e.g. cleric's domains)
- Clean up header and navigation scheme.
- Figure out mobile styles for tables. Also /fistshake at whoever decided tables in spell lists were a good idea.
Spells can be found inside
_posts/. Each spell gets its own post, written and stored as a Markdown file. The date is arbitrary and never displayed, but still necessary for Jekyll to process the posts properly.
If you'd like to help fill out the rest of the spells from the PHB, for each new spell you make:
- Make a new post inside
_posts/for each new spell, and copy the formatting from another spell.
- Submit a pull request for the spell(s) when you're finished, and that's it! Thank you so much. :)
I've edited _config.yml for my own build purposes, but if you've got Jekyll set up locally, the following should create the build from your friendly command line terminal:
jekyll serve -Vw --no-watch --baseurl ""
Cleric and wizard spells from the Starter Kit were seeded from this Reddit post.
Thanks to @sethxd for suggesting Jets.js, a CSS search engine that plays nicely with Jekyll.