It's 12:00. Time for lunch. Where to go, though? There are only so many hours in the day, and lunch hour is the most sacred of hours. We realize lunch time is valuable, which is why we are happy to bring you Lunchline!
Lunchline is a crowdsourced, mobile-first designed app that lets you quickly take a peek at the restaurants around you and see what the wait time to get your favorite food is. Simply navigate to lunchline.herokuapp.com, and boom! A list of restaurants in your immediate area appears with a green light, yellow light, and red light. Green means no wait, yellow means your food may take a bit, and red means lunch at your own risk.
Lunchline is designed in Angular and ExpressJS. We designed it to be as simple as possible, so you can make a quick decision and enjoy your lunch time. So please, take a look at the site and enjoy!
The current code you see represents our MVP. Lunchline will evolve and become even cooler! Some features we would like to add are:
- Ability to filter what types of restaurants you're in the mood for
- Faster back end algorithm
- Restaurant menus
- Restaurant photos
- Reviews of restaurants
- Display last updated time
- Time reset/decay
- User accounts so they can save favorite restaurants, etc
- Online ordering
- An incentive/reward system
These are just a few of the ideas we want to implement and this list will constantly evolve. Feel free to give some input on ideas you'd like to see!
This project was created by:
- Rick Yeh - Product Owner/frontend developer
- Andy MacDonald - Scrum Master/backend developer
- Monica Grandy - Backend developer
- Cameron Roark - Frontend developer