Clone this wiki locally
TechCrunch Disrupt SF Hackathon
Saturday, September 10th and Sunday, September 11th, 2011
San Francisco Design Center Concourse, San Francisco, Ca.
Open Submission for Hacks (8am - 9:30am)
Submissions Now Closed
Spend an intense 24 hours hacking and presenting with some of San Francisco's brightest developers! At the end of a marathon hack session, you'll have a chance to demo in front of hundreds of audience members.
Saturday, September 10th
- 12:30pm - Registration opens
- 1:30pm - Opening announcement / Start of Hackathon!
- 2pm - Ford API workshop with Julius Marchwicki
- 2:30pm - Twitter API workshop with Taylor Singletary
- 3:00pm - CloudFlare API workshop with Matthew Prince
- 3:30pm - Mashery API workshop with Neil Mansilla
- 4:00pm - DoAT workshop with Joey Simhon
- 4:30pm - CityGrid API workshop with Ana Martinez
- 5:00pm - Box.net API workshop with Sean Rose
- 5:30pm - face.com API workshop with Gil Hirsch
- 6:00pm - The Echo Nest API workshop with Brian Whitman & Shane Tobin
- 7:00pm - Dinner - Brought to you by CloudFlare
- 8:00pm - Facebook Graph API workshop with David Pio
- 8:00pm - Google API workshop (on OpenID & OAuth 2.0) with Ryan Boyd
Sunday, September 11th
- 7am - Breakfast served
- 8am - Opening call for hack submissions
- 9:30am - Hack submissions closed
- 11:00am - Hackathon presentations
- 12:30pm - Short lunch break
- 2:30pm (estimated) - Hackathon awards ceremony
Display resolution: 1024×768
Display settings: Mirroring turned on
Battery power: Screen Saver turned off
Battery power: Sleep mode off
Network: DHCP ethernet cable onstage, Wifi at your risk
Demo: 60 seconds
Advice: Turn off your instant messaging client if it's not needed for your presentation
Advice: Keep it brief, funny, whimsical, awesome, engaging
Advice: Practice! Run through demo w/ timer
Sentiment: We wish you luck!
The spirit of the hackathon is to show what you can create in 24 hours on site.
- Take something from idea to prototype in less than 24 hours
- Submit your hack for the presentation on Sunday, starting at 8am, ending at 9:30am.
- Demo it to everyone starting at 10:30am on Sunday, September 11th.
- Got more questions? Post them in the FAQ
Keeping in touch during the Hack Day weekend is important. Here are a few ways to make sure that you know what is going on:
- Main site: http://disrupt.techcrunch.com/hackathon/
- Twitter: @hackdisrupt #hackdisrupt
- IRC: #hackdisrupt at irc.freenode.net: Web client at http://webchat.freenode.net/
- Flickr, Youtube, Vimeo etc: Tag content with 'hackdisrupt'
- Email organizers: email@example.com
Special Offers for Hackers
Have an idea you'd like to share or want to pair up with others on a project? Start Collaborating.
Want to share links or information about resources (APIs, platforms, tools, etc.) that might be useful in creating projects? Start Documenting.