Sitecore Import / DataProvider Hybrid
This is a POC of a hybrid integration approach for getting external data into Sitecore.
Read the blog article, watch the video!
- Setup a Sitecore instance and install Sitecore Powershell Extensions
- Update deploy.targets before opening the Solution in Visual Studio -- this is used to resolve the path to needed references in the Sitecore /bin folder.
- Open solution in Visual Studio.
- Update the properties of the TDS project as needed. If you don't have TDS, you can manually import the serialized .item files.
- In that case you will also need to manually deploy or publish build artifacts to your Sitecore install.
- Create a MongoDB database on localhost called "ProductDataProvider," update the connection string in ProductDataProvider.config if needed.
- If running the PowerShell scripts, be sure to update file paths and URLs.