Join GitHub today
You can export a SpecLog repository to a Word document. The export is based on a Word template document that you can customise. You can choose what requirement details to include in the export:
- Acceptance criteria
- Attached images
- Attached Gherkin files
To export a repository to a Word document:
- Select Export to Word from the menu.
The Export to Word dialogue is displayed:
- Determine which requirements to export:
- All requirements: Exports all requirements in the repository
- Active workspace: Exports all requirements on the currently active workspace (this option is only available if the current tab contains a workspace)
- Active list: Exports all requirements in the search list displayed in the current tab (this option is only available if the current tab contains a search list)
- Search result: Exports all requirements that are currently displayed in the Requirements widget
- Enable Include Gherkin files to include linked Gherkin files in the export.
- Enable Include acceptance criteria if you also want to export the acceptance criteria defined for the requirements. Enable Export ACs without formatting to export the acceptance criteria as plain text instead of with the formatting entered in SpecLog. Lists (bullets and numbered) are preserved, but formatting such as bold/italics and font colours are ignored.
- Select the Word template to use in the Template file field.
- Enter the target file in the Save file to field.
- Click on Export to export the Word file.