Polo File Manager
Polo is a modern, light-weight file manager for Linux with support for multiple panes and tabs; support for archives, and much more.
- Multiple Panes - Single-pane, dual-pane (vertical or horizontal split) and quad-pane layouts. Supports multiple tabs in each pane. Each tab has an embedded terminal which can be toggled with the F4 key.
- Multiple Views - List view, Icon view, Tiled view and Media view.
- Device Manager - Devices popup displays list of connected devices with options to mount and unmount. Supports locking/unlocking LUKS encrypted devices.
- Archive Support - Support for browsing archives as normal folders. Supports creation of archives in multiple formats with advanced compression settings.
- PDF Actions - Actions in right-click menu: Split and Merge pages, Add or Remove Password, Rotate, etc.
- ISO Actions - Actions in right-click menu: Mount, Boot in VM, Write to USB
- Image Actions - Actions in right-click menu: Rotate, Resize, Reduce Quality, Optimize PNG, Convert to other formats, Boot or Reduce Colors, etc.
- Checksum & Hashing - Actions in right-click menu to generate MD5, SHA1, SHA2-256 ad SHA2-512 checksums for file and folders. Double-click on files with .md5, .sha1, .sha2, .sha256, .sha512 extensions to verify.
- Video Downloads - Paste URLs from YouTube and other video websites in a folder to download video files. Integrates with youtube-dl utility.
Single-pane layout with Sidebar and IconView
Single-pane layout with Sidebar and ListView
Dual-pane layout with IconView
Dual-pane layout with ListView
Options for creating archives - Supports all encoder options, encryption, and split archives
Support for browsing cloud storage accounts
PPA and DEB files are available for Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distributions. Binary installers are available for all Linux distributions.
Polo includes a few extra plugins for people who have contributed to the project through donations, translations, etc. You can make a donation for $10 or more via PayPal to receive the plugins by email. Your contributions will help keep the project alive and support future development.
PayPal ~ If you find this application useful and wish to say thanks, you can buy me a coffee by making a one-time donation with Paypal.
Patreon ~ You can also sign up as a sponsor on Patreon.com. As a patron you will get access to beta releases of new applications that I'm working on. You will also get news and updates about new features that are not published elsewhere.
Bitcoin ~ You can send bitcoins at this address or by scanning the QR code below: