Karabiner is a powerful utility for keyboard customization.
- Change the key mappings (For example, "Change Right Option to Enter")
- Change the key repeat speed.
- The revival of a lost NumPad key (Fn+jkluio789…)
- Features for more efficient operations. (Emacs Mode, Vi Mode, Mouse Keys Mode, ...)
Prior to version 9.3.0, Karabiner was called KeyRemap4MacBook.
- Latest build: https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
- Mirror: http://tekezo.github.io/pqrs.org/
- Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/osx-karabiner
You can also get the latest stable release package via fixed URL.
$ curl -L -O https://pqrs.org/latest/karabiner-latest.dmg
Karabiner works for all Mac products, including the MacBook series, iMac, Mac mini, and Mac Pro, with the requirement that the product runs OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher.
- If you require Karabiner for OS X 10.6 - 10.8, please use KeyRemap4MacBook 8.4.0.
- If you require Karabiner for OS X 10.4 - 10.5, please use KeyRemap4MacBook 5.1.0.
How to build
- OS X 10.11+
- Xcode 7.2+
- Command Line Tools for Xcode
- Boost 1.56.0+ (header-only) http://www.boost.org/
Please install Boost into
Step 1: Getting source code
Download the source to master.tar.gz in the current directory, this can be re-executed to restart a cancelled download.
curl -OLC - https://github.com/tekezo/Karabiner/archive/master.tar.gz
Extract the master.tar.gz file to "Karabiner-master" and delete the tar.gz file
tar -xvzf master.tar.gz && rm master.tar.gz
Step 2: Building a package
cd Karabiner-master make
make script will create a redistributable Karabiner-VERSION.dmg in the current directory.
The build may fail if you have changed any environment variables or if you have modified scripts in the
/usr/bin locations. Use a clean environment (new account) if this is the case.