Seil applies a patch to a keyboard driver.
You can change CapsLock behavior. (For example, changing CapsLock to Delete Key.) And it can activate International Keys on Non-Apple keyboard.
Prior to version 10.7.0, Seil was called PCKeyboardHack.
OS X 10.11 or higher.
- If you require Seil for OS X 10.10 and 10.9, please use Seil 11.3.0.
- If you require Seil for OS X 10.8, please use Seil 10.11.0.
- If you require Seil for OS X 10.7, please use PCKeyboardHack 9.0.0.
- If you require Seil for OS X 10.6, please use PCKeyboardHack 7.4.0.
- If you require Seil for OS X 10.5, please use PCKeyboardHack 5.1.0.
How to build
- OS X 10.10+
- Xcode 7.0+
- Command Line Tools for Xcode
- CocoaPods http://cocoapods.org/
Step 1: Getting source code
Download the source to master.tar.gz in the current directory, this can be re-executed to restart a cancelled download.
curl -OLC - https://github.com/tekezo/seil/archive/master.tar.gz
Extract the master.tar.gz file to "Seil-master" and delete the tar.gz file
tar -xvzf master.tar.gz && rm master.tar.gz
Step 2: Building a package
cd Seil-master make
make script will create a redistributable Seil-VERSION.dmg in the current directory.
The build may fail if you have changed any environment variables or if you have modified scripts in the
/usr/bin locations. Use a clean environment (new account) if this is the case.