The Tekton Pipelines project provides k8s-style resources for declaring CI/CD-style pipelines.
Tekton Pipelines are Cloud Native:
- Run on Kubernetes
- Have Kubernetes clusters as a first class type
- Use containers as their building blocks
Tekton Pipelines are Decoupled:
- One Pipeline can be used to deploy to any k8s cluster
- The Tasks which make up a Pipeline can easily be run in isolation
- Resources such as git repos can easily be swapped between runs
Tekton Pipelines are Typed:
- The concept of typed resources means that for a resource such as an
Image, implementations can easily be swapped out (e.g. building with kaniko v.s. buildkit)
Want to start using Pipelines
See our API compatibility policy for info on the stability level of the API.
Want to contribute
We are so excited to have you!