The purpose of this project is simply to track who is shipping daily, and what they're shipping to.
Without side projects a hacker's power can simply dwindle and they will end up writing maintenance java code for some shitty underpaid enterprise fabric store running on old sun boxes from 1993...
To prevent future woes, I hereby present the ShipDaily blood pact.
- Thou shall ship 1 feature or bug fix for a side project each day.
- Thou shall post 1 update each day to the website, updates shall include a git commit sha.
- Thou shall donate $5-20 to the pot for each missed shipping day. (whatever you can afford)
- Thou shall embrace the practices of brogramming (hoods up, shades on, dubstep blasting.)
- Thou shalt ignore your hacker brethren in need of programming help.
- Thou shalt falsify a feature or bug fix, or you shall face penalties as severe as death at the stake.
Shipping means that your change must be pushed into production. If you write the code, but fail to ship it, you must donate your money for the day.
Ship or die.
As of right now, it is undefined as to what will happen with the money, perhaps it shall go to buying things like github accounts, and hosting, or something. Maybe beer? idk.