████████╗███████╗██████╗ ███╗ ███╗██╗███╗ ██╗██╗ ██╗███████╗ ╚══██╔══╝██╔════╝██╔══██╗████╗ ████║██║████╗ ██║██║ ██║██╔════╝ ██║ █████╗ ██████╔╝██╔████╔██║██║██╔██╗ ██║██║ ██║███████╗ ██║ ██╔══╝ ██╔══██╗██║╚██╔╝██║██║██║╚██╗██║██║ ██║╚════██║ ██║ ███████╗██║ ██║██║ ╚═╝ ██║██║██║ ╚████║╚██████╔╝███████║ ╚═╝ ╚══════╝╚═╝ ╚═╝╚═╝ ╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝ ╚═══╝ ╚═════╝ ╚══════╝
TerminusDB is an open source model driven graph database for knowledge graph representation designed specifically for the web-age.
Terminus Server provides TerminusDB with a RESTful API for interacting with knowledge graphs via the JSON-LD exchange format. This means you can easily string together applications within your own toolchain which utilise the powerful features of graph search and graph storage.
We use an advanced git-like model storing append only changes to graphs represented in concise datastructures using terminus-store.
Install from Docker image (RECOMMENDED)
For all users, we recommend our Quickstart installer.
Follow the instructions there.
Building from source
In order to build from source, follow the build from source directions.
Once you have installed terminus-server either from the docker image or built from source you can go simply enter the server location into your browser to view your database from the dashboard "http://SERVER:PORT/console". (the default is: http://localhost:6363/console).
Terminus Server is organised to be web native which means that all actions and activities are easily automated via a RESTful JSON-LD API.
The Server API is documented here.
The Syntax is documented here.
- Make complex data models easy, maintainable and enforced.
- Overcome the Object Impedance mismatch without turning your Database into an incomprehensible soup.
- Allow you to search for repeating patterns using recursion.
- Give you powerful temporal queries using finite domain constraint logic.
- Enable the sharing of data using linked open data formats RDF and JSON-LD making scientific or organisational information sharing easy.
- Help you automate the production of UI and data-entry by knowing what data means.
In order to begin manipulating and querying your database you can
simply point your browser to
TERMINUS_DIR/index.html which should
allow you to manage and query your database.
You can also perform all configuration, querying and management functions via the RESTful API. We have a number of client libraries to help you get started:
The [Python client libraries] Coming Soon...
Changes in this Version
- Now with our own terminus-store backend!
- Extended WOQL to greater functionality for string and arithmetic processing
- Better date handling in WOQL
- Improved type casting in WOQL
- Improvements to query processing speed
- We now have decoupled public URI from internal database URI
We are working hard on our collaboration and data-ops features. They should be available by the end of February 2020.
- Improve error handling and logging
- Convert frames into valid JSON-LD
You can write the authors, or connect to us on FreeNode IRC on the
Gavin Mendel-Gleason firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthijs van Otterdijk email@example.com
Robin de Rooij firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Ogborn email@example.com
Put your Name here by contributing!
This file is part of TerminusDB.
TerminusDB is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3) as published by the Free Software Foundation.
TerminusDB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with TerminusDB. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.