This repository contains extractors that process data originating from:
- Hyperspec INSPECTOR SWIR camera
- Hyperspec INSPECTOR VNIR camera
Inputs and Outputs
This extractor processes ENVI BIL (band-interleaved-by-line) files into netCDF.
- Evaluation is triggered whenever a file is added to a dataset
- Checks whether the file is a _raw file
- The dataset containing the _raw file will get a corresponding .nc netCDF file
The hyperspectral calibration procedure is documented at https://github.com/terraref/computing-pipeline/issues/282. The implementation is undergoing improvement (e.g., better target calibrations, more reliable factory calibrations, improved interpolation methods) as experience is gained.
- Only valid for 300-800nm (range of downwelling radiometer)
- Raw hyperspectral exposures are calibrated for images in full sunlight. Other times and cloudy days are not well-tested yet.
- Zenith angles used in the calibration data are: 42.3, 47.6, 53.0, 58.4, 64.0, 75.1, 80.7, 86.5
- The closer the raw data is to these angles the better the result
- The calibration needs improvement to obtain accurate absolute reflectances. Environmental conditions (such as shade and specular reflection) and irregular calibration of known targets (such as tilted surfaces and field-based calibration) can bias retrieved reflectances by an unknown factor. However, the scale bias factors out of indices created as ratios of reflectances, e.g., (A-B) / (A+B).
This is the main shell script:
- -c dfl_lvl Compression level [0..9] (empty means none) (default )
- -d dbg_lvl Debugging level (default 0)
- -h Create indices file. This has the same root name as out_fl but with the suffix "_ind.nc"
- -I drc_in Input directory (empty means none) (default )
- -i in_fl Input filename (required) (default )
- -j job_nbr Job simultaneity for parallelism (default 6)
- -m msk_fl location of Netcdf Soil Mask (Level 1 data) applied when creating indices file
- -n nco_opt NCO options (empty means none) (default )
- -N ntl_out Interleave-type of output (default bsq)
- -O drc_out Output directory (default /home/butowskh/terraref/extractors-hyperspectral/hyperspectral)
- -o out_fl Output-file (empty derives from Input filename) (default )
- -p par_typ Parallelism type (default bck)
- -t typ_out Type of netCDF output (default NC_USHORT)
- -T drc_tmp Temporary directory (default /gpfs_scratch/arpae/imaging_spectrometer)
- -u unq_sfx Unique suffix (prevents intermediate files from sharing names) (default .pid140080)
- -x xpt_flg Experimental (default No)
A supporting module for EnvironmentalLoggerAnalyser.py and JsonDealer.py. This module is in charge of all the calculation works needed in the EnvironmentalLoggerAnalyser.py (converting the data made by environmental logger) and JsonDealer.py (group up the supporting files for data_raw).
This module will read data generated by Environmental Sensor and convert to netCDF file
This module parses JSON formatted metadata and data and header provided by LemnaTec and outputs a formatted netCDF4 file
This module will process the data file and export a netCDF with variables from it and dimesions (band, x, y) from its hdr file
NCO/ncap2 script to process and calibrate TERRAREF exposure data
Related GitHub issues and documentation
- Notes from meeting on calibration options
- First (alpha) calibration proceedure https://github.com/terraref/computing-pipeline/issues/88
- Second (radiometer based) calibration
- List of tasks https://github.com/terraref/computing-pipeline/issues/281
- Algorithm documentation https://github.com/terraref/computing-pipeline/issues/282