Overview and purpose of this is described here
Ansible Replacements Needed
Before you upload this to your S3 bucket, you'll need to set a few things.
In the ansible/ directory:
- box.yml needs your AWS account's access and secret keys
- publish.sh needs your Ansible S3 bucket
- ansible/roles/aws/tasks/main.yml needs your EBS volume id
- if you want your host to be named something other than 'box', you can set that in the AWS role as well
- ansible/roles/aws/tasks/main.yml needs your DNS zone and DNS name you want (just strings, not ids)
- ansible/roles/common/tasks/main.yml can be tweaked to install apt packages you'd like always present
- ansible/roles/developer/tasks/main.yml can also be tweaked - you could combine these if you'd prefer
- aws/userdata.txt has the userdata you'll want to use for your launch config - be sure to set the bucket to wherever you're uploading your Ansible
Once all of that is set, run publish.sh from the ansible/ directory, so your host can provision itself.