What is this project?
Tessel is a completely open source and community-driven IoT and robotics development platform. It encompasses development boards, hardware module add-ons, and the software that runs on them.
One common misconception is that we're a company. We're not! We're just a collection of (unpaid) people who find it worthwhile to spend our time building towards the Tessel Project mission.
What's a Tessel?
What is this Tessel Project all about?
Tessel is about designing intuitive and accessible hardware development experiences around the open web. Feel free to read more about our mission and governance model. Please also read and adhere to our code of conduct.
What can I find in this repo?
This repository is for the organization and governance of the Tessel project as a whole. For code, see the Tessel GitHub organization.
For an introduction to the project's organization and key repos, check out the Technical Overview
How can I get involved with the Tessel Project?
Find an issue tagged "contribution-starter" and start working!
- Join the team slack and express your interest in contributing in the #community channel. You will receive a warm welcome.
- Read the Technical Overview to see if any particular area of the project strikes your fancy.
- Back on Slack, let us know if there's something in particular you'd like to work on – we're happy to help you get set up! A general post in #community should work.
The (slightly) longer version
By contributing to Tessel, you'll be a valued member of a passionate, diverse team and one of the pioneers of the burgeoning connected devices space. Here are some ways in which you can get involved:
- How to contribute to Tessel 2 (without needing hardware)
- Submit code or patches for Tessel modules and tools
- Discuss the Tessel Project's goals and governance
Learn more about how we collaborate using Github:
Get involved with our community in any way you are interested:
- Join us on Slack — Collaboration and real time discussions (Recommended! - ask your questions here).
- Tessel Forums — General discussion and support by the Tessel community.
- tessel.hackster.io — Community-submitted projects made with Tessel.
- tessel.io/community — Join a Tessel meetup near you! Meetups happen around the world and are the easiest way to play with hardware in person.
- #tessel on Freenode — IRC channel for development questions and live help.
- Stack Overflow — Technical questions about using Tessel.
- Contribution Guide
- Mission of the Tessel Project
- Code of Conduct for the Tessel community
- Governance Structure and Membership of the Steering Committee
- Meeting Notes
Tessel is in part funded by contributions through Open Collective.
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities. [Become a backer]
Become a sponsor and get your logo on our README on Github with a link to your site. [Become a sponsor]