This is the Java 8 optimized version of WebTester (v2.x), for Java 6 and 7 versions see 1.x.
testIT WebTester is a web-application UI test automation framework based on Selenium.
It is the product of years of consulting experience in various projects and aims at providing a very intuitive, declarative and extendable API for writing programmatic UI tests in Java.
- Optimized for Java 8 and above
- Intuitive Page Object Pattern with simple annotation-driven element identification
- Useful predefined element classes (e.g. Button, TextField, ...)
- Simple API for runtime element identification
- Boost reuse with easy composition of pages and page fragments
- Highlighting of used elements for visual debugging
- Custom event handling: from a simple screenshot on exception to custom report generation
- Seamless integration with common frameworks like: AssertJ, Hamcrest, JUnit, Spring, etc.
- Selenium is always just a method call away!
If you have further questions please get in touch with us.
Firstly, you should create an issue for your enhancement request.
WebTester uses a “Fork & Pull” model for collaborative development. If you have changes that you would like us to consider for introduction to WebTester, you will need to fork the repository, commit and push your changes to your forked project, and send us a pull request referencing the previously created issue.
Please note that, in order to keep WebTester clean and minimal, we consider all enhancement requests carefully. Should your enhancement not be appropriate for WebTester, we may reject the pull request.
Before you start, have a look at our contribution wiki page for important information regarding the development of WebTester.
Get in touch
WebTester is licensed under The Apache License, Version 2.0.
WebTester is mainly developed by NovaTec Consulting GmbH, a German consultancy firm that drives quality in software development projects.