Textpattern CMS 4.8.0
- Changed: Minimum system requirements increased to PHP 5.5.
<txp:older />tags support pagination ranges.
- Changed: Author's real name is available in
- Changed: Refined scope of root .htaccess, and restricted directory listing in /files/ and /textpattern/ with their respective .htaccess.
- Changed: Non-searchable sections can be omitted from
<txp:section_list>output with valueless 'exclude' attribute.
- Changed: Consistent Edit step search behaviour on Plugins and Links panels.
- Changed: Text/HTML tabs now in popup dialog, with optional live preview.
- Changed: Tag parser tweaks for secondpass handler.
- Changed: Plugins cached and loaded from disk to avoid
- Changed: Custom fields support from/to filtering.
<txp:evaluate />removes empty items from lists.
- Changed: Scroll to top on list panels during navigation.
- Changed: Random generator supports random_bytes and doesn't throw errors.
- Changed: Improved performance of syndication feed handling for sections.
- Changed: Check for updates throttle reduced to 1hr from 24hrs.
- Added: Global public theme switcher.
- Added: Dedicated live/dev theme switching.
- Added: Support for PHP 7.4.
<txp:if_request />tag for checking server, URL, POST and cookie variables.
<txp:pages />tag for enhanced pagination schemes.
- Added: 'item' attribute to
- Added: 'title' attribute to image tags.
- Added: 'class' attribute to comment form tags.
- Added: 'match' and 'separator' attributes to
- Added: 'month' and 'time' attributes to
- Added: 'pg', 'total' and 'limit' attributes to
- Added: Support for id ranges in some tags and admin fields.
- Added: Support for HTTP status 451 (Unavailable For Legal Reasons).
- Added: Support for native PHP password hashing.
- Added: Dark Mode support in Hive admin theme.
- Added: Pageless sections for content snippets and creative article flows.
- Added: Per-section article link format override.
- Added: 'breadcrumb/title' article link format.
- Added: 'section/category/title' article link format.
- Added: Links have an editable publish time and date.
- Added: Category searching to a specified depth.
- Added: Custom field aliases and URL filters via valueless attributes.
- Added: Global 'evaluate', 'replace' and 'yield' attributes. Evaluate can execute contained content in arbitrary order.
- Added: Ability to trim lists when using valueless 'trim' attribute.
- Added: Link to
phpinfo()in Diagnostics panel.
- Added: Configuration file generated during setup can be downloaded.
- Added: Support for Bengali language translation.
- Added: Support for Khmer language translation.
- Added: Support for Norwegian Nynorsk language translation.
- Added: Support for Welsh language translation.
- Added: Latest translations. Thanks to all Crowdin translators for their work.
- Added: Hive and Classic admin themes now support 3 column layouts.
- Added: Option to disable auto-expanding text areas in Hive admin themes via config.php file. See Hive theme's README.txt file for instructions.
- Added: Support for SSL MySQL connections in config.php.
- Removed: Obsolete 'No widowed words' preference setting. If this feature is needed it can be implemented directly with
- Removed: Some deprecated functions from long ago.
- Fixed: index.php correctly included in css.php.
- Fixed: 3 undefined routing-related indexes.
- Fixed: Article preview (txpreview) is not cached.
<txp:category_list>'sort' attribute respects 'categories' attribute instead of requiring
<txp:recent_articles>only uses default link without form/container.
- Fixed: Use locale on admin side.
- Fixed: Localization of pre-flight diagnostic upgrade messages.
- Fixed: Undefined variable warnings thrown via
- Fixed: Password handling when using MySQL 8+.
- Fixed: nbsp on French opening quote broke Textile in some cases.
- Fixed: Incorrect acronym tag in welcome article.
- Accessibility: Improved indication of required form fields.
- Accessibility: Honour 'prefers-reduced-motion' in official themes.
- Accessibility: Target WCAG 2.0 AAA contrast levels in official themes.
- Accessibility: Improved ARIA experience.
- Accessibility: Improved keyboard-only access experience.
- Developer: Plugins can be uploaded with .php and .zip extensions.
- Developer: Upload order and file totals sent when batch uploading files.
- Developer: Some txplib_misc.php functions moved to txplib_admin.php.
- Developer: PHP magic_quotes_gpc, magic_quotes_runtime, safe_mode and register_globals support removed.
- Developer: Title accessible to plugins in Atom/RSS.
- Developer: Merge headers on demand.
- Developer: Tags can be registered with custom attributes/parameters.
- Developer: Multiple forms can be fetched at once.
- Developer: txp.article > neighbour.criteria callback on Write panel.
- Developer: Please register plugin tags or they will not work in future.
- Performance optimizations via cacheing and preloading frequent content.
- Textile 3.7.6. See https://github.com/textile/php-textile/releases/tag/v3.7.6 for full list of changes in this release (thanks, gocom).
- jQuery 3.4.1.
- PrismJS 1.19.0.
- jQuery File Upload 10.8.0.