Prototype.js based Text Box ListTextboxList: A
Simplest description is that TextboxList is a control for organizing/controlling a list of data in a HTML Text Box.
But, things are never that simple . . .
This started off as a simple project to refactor/optimize the Proto!MultiSelect control from http://interiders.com/ but it grew into something much more.
But basically everything is an option
Just a few of the choices:
- with or without autocomplete
- ajax or non ajax
- customizable keys to select and/or add items
- customizable regular expressions for matching/highlighting
- and much more . . .
I started on this from what I found at InteRiders but I am also including the credits from there.
- Idea: Facebook + Apple Mail
- Guillermo Rauch: Original MooTools script http://devthought.com/projects/mootools/textboxlist/
- Ran Grushkowsky/InteRiders Inc. : Porting into Prototype and further development http://interiders.com/
- Tim Fluehr: Rewrite/modifications http://www.tfluehr.com/projects/TextboxList/index.html
Copyright (c) 2010 Timothy Fluehr firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If you do choose to use this, please drop me an email at email@example.com I would like to see where this ends up :)