- Better UX if FICS not available or lost connection
- Highlight king if in check
- Many more options to configure color and style around highlighting moves, premoves, moving pieces. A solid style resembles the style you would find on lichess.
- Show row and column labels on the board (optional)
- automatic support of timeseal2
- Adjourn and resume games
- Many more chatting options: Channels, Tells, Whispers, Kibitzes are supported. Flip chat mode with command+M. Only channel support is limited in that you cannot join or leave the channel via an UI, but have to do this with the console.
Pleas let me know if you encounter any problems.
Chatting & Sorting
Using OpenAL/ ALUT instead of shell call to afplay
This works perfectly on my system, but I got a 'not so good' from a fellow Macbeth user.
Please let me know how sounds work on your system. Especially if sounds aren't working, please! let me know what system your using Macbeth with.
I had to delete some sounds: 'woodthunk', 'thud', 'slap'. So please go to File -> Settings and use 'Reset sounds' to get the latest sound configuration.
I'll upload a binary to the website later today.
Ready now! Enjoy!