Please sign in to comment.
Switch to libtool versioning system
It has been a request that multiple libnl versions should be installabe in parallel. In order to achieve this, the basename of the library was changed to libnl-3 which reflects the 3rd generation of libnl APIs. It also means that release based library versioning is left behind and libtool versioning is used instead. Projects using pkgconfig will automatically link against the new library basename and will not notice a difference. The SO versioning is based on the glib model: current := 100 * minor + micro - revision revision := revision age := age (number of backwards compatible versions)
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 131 additions and 55 deletions.
- +4 −4 Makefile.am
- +65 −24 configure.in
- +21 −2 doc/core.txt
- +4 −0 include/netlink/version.h.in
- +20 −11 lib/Makefile.am
- +1 −1 libnl-3.pc.in → libnl-3.0.pc.in
- +2 −2 libnl-genl-3.pc.in → libnl-genl-3.0.pc.in
- +2 −2 libnl-nf-3.pc.in → libnl-nf-3.0.pc.in
- +2 −2 libnl-route-3.pc.in → libnl-route-3.0.pc.in
- +10 −7 src/lib/Makefile.am