Send and receive bitcoins from your Android phone!
Note that this app is still under development and may lose your coins! Test it with small amounts.
You can get it from the Android Market here and click "Install" to send it to your phone.
Checkout a YouTube Demo Video Here
- Send/Receive bitcoins entirely from your phone (no server component required)
- Scan and generate QR codes to share address, amount, etc between devices
- Recognizes the Bitcoin URI format
- Creates transactions in the absence of internet (will retry when you reconnect)
- Email invoices from your phone to request money
- Wallet file backed up in the cloud (synced to your Google account) in case you lose your phone.
- A free app, 100% open source
You can download and install the app from the Android Market.
For best results, install the app while connected to WiFi (it will download some data the first time you launch it).
Next, get a few coins in your wallet by starting the app and tapping "Request Money". From here you can send a request to yourself by email. The request will contain your wallet's receive address which you can paste into your desktop client or the bitcoin faucet to add funds to your wallet.
Check out the wiki page on using bitcoin android.
Check out the wiki page on technical details.
Feel free to fork and send pull requests. Contributions welcome.
To support ongoing development of bitcoin android try scanning this QR code from your phone or sending donations to 1Gp1himAQ4jmmQJ5zZwQxKmv7yg4Drm5M4
- optionally require a pin code to send money for additional security?
- ability to generate more than one receive address
- make backup to the cloud optional for those who want the privacy
- move to a "thin client" implementation instead of storing the entire blockchain (this will become necessary as the blockchain grows over time)
- make an easy link to the Bitcoin Faucet for people to get a few coins on the device when they first try it
- clicking a bitcoin link in the mobile browser should open the send money screen (with fields filled in) using Android intents
Bitcoin Android is based on the bitcoinj library by Mike Hearn at Google. He deserves some very special thanks!
Bitcoin Android is open source software released under the Apache V2 license.