What is 3DSFE Randomizer?
The original Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer was a simple tool put together as quickly as possible to fulfill a request for a member of the Fire Emblem Fates hacking community - it wasn't created with anyone else in mind. However, the tool received a lot of attention after some Fire Emblem content creators began creating videos featuring it.
After spending a couple of months trying to support the tool, it became clear that the randomizer wasn't suited for anybody but experienced hackers thanks to its lengthy setup process. Likewise, the program wasn't really built to handle all of the new features that I attempted to add in after release. By version 5, the code was an absolute mess and the install process was still needlessly complex. Rather than try to fix the existing code, I decided to just rebuild the entire thing.
3DSFE Randomizer is a new rendition of the Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer. This version has been rewritten from the ground up to provide a better user experience, a wider range of features, and a more stable game. At its core, this version of the randomizer emphasizes a smoother setup process and a code base thats more open to new features.
At the moment, the randomizer only supports Fire Emblem Fates. I intend to provide full support for Fire Emblem Awakening and basic support for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia in the future.
Please note that the randomizer is incomplete at this time. I will not provide support regarding how to use the tool or any similar issues until the randomizer has officially released.
- DeathChaos25, TildeHat, RainThunder, SciresM, and SecretiveCactus for their Fates hacking tools and documentation. Without their efforts, this randomizer would not be possible.
- The GUI uses the JMetro8 style from the JFXtras project. JFXtras uses the new BSD license.
- Character, class, item, and skill data is handled using GSON. GSON uses the Apache 2.0 License.
- The options menu uses the CheckListView control from the ControlsFX project. ControlsFX uses the new BSD license.
- einstein95 for DSdecmp which allows for automated decompression and compression.